Search & Win

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pennies for Penny

I know this is completely unrelated to 'Deals & Steals', but as a mom & friend I had to share this story, please note you can also follow Penny's blog on the right hand side of my blog.

Penny lives with her family here in San Diego.  She was born at Scripps La Jolla less than a year ago.

She is now fighting stage 4 Nueroblastoma.  Her parents have asked for bloggers and media to get the word out about her fight.  I went to high school with Miss Penny's Aunt.  Please pray for Penny and for her very worried parents.

Another concern, Penny's parents do have insurance, but it covers only 60%, Penny has been in the hospital only a few weeks and her care is already in the $100,000's!! 

Her family is still in the 'gathering stage' for everything from what exactly they are fighting in terms of her cancer, but also in what help (if any) they can get with her medical costs from sources other than insurance.

In the meantime, they have set up http://www.pennies4penny.org/ - it is a blog to follow their story, and if you have the means and desire to donate.

I know so many of my readers are mommies too, and I just had to share.

Please keep Penny in your thoughts and prayers - please feel free to share Penny's blog on yours as well.

Thanks!
Kate

1 comment:

  1. an auction to help Penny will be starting soon! Please check her blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments family friendly